Head of Finance Academy & Special Projects
- Employer: Leisure
- Location: Surrey/Sussex, UK
- Salary: £80,000 + car + benefits
world leading FTSE 250 business in a newly created role. This role, although based in the UK, will have global reach and responsibility and will play a pivotal role in ensuring that the Group’s finance teams are equipped with the appropriate technical skills to enable them to conduct their work effectively and in line with the business values.
As the Head of a newly created Finance Academy and Special Projects you will be responsible for:
- The set-up and development of the Finance Academy which will reach out to all appropriate finance staff within the Group
- Liaising with both the Group and Sector Finance Teams to ensure the programme is relevant and addresses the business needs
- You will work closely with HR and Internal Communications to ensure that the Finance Academy utilises current training techniques, is on-message with HR principles and values and addresses the soft skills required to be successful in finance roles
- You will be a member of the COSO Finance project team to ensure successful roll out of the COSO framework
- Participate in key finance-related projects which require Group Finance representation
This is an exciting new role which will initially have one direct line report but will encompass access to the global finance team which is made up of over 1,000 professionals.
The successful candidate will likely be ACA qualified with experience of working in a complex international business. Good project management skills, a strong technical grounding and experience of training will be a distinct advantage.
This is high profile role very likely to lead to tangential fast track promotion within this dynamic group.
Job Reference: EHH120417.01