Full-Time Construction Project Manager
Construction Industry Project Manager with a rounded experience of the residential building industry is required.
Private company specialising in quality residential steel frame modular housing is looking to employ a self-motivated general contracts project manager who can oversee all aspects from client enquiries to completion and handover. This will entail developing relationships with the clients whilst negotiating with the factories manufacturing the steel frame houses and overseeing their delivery. You would also be overseeing and coordinating the building contractors, right through to completion of the properties and handing over of the keys to the client.
Salary: Competitive with Car, Benefits and Bonus.
What we’ll generally expect of you:
• Lead the whole project and the team, managing the supply chain to deliver projects to time, cost, quality and standards.
• Oversee, inspire, motivate and lead all teams and contractors involved in every stage of each project, working with them to ensure that the client’s vision for their property is exceeded beyond their expectations.
• Know and follow safety excellence, communicating it with understanding and credibility.
• Know what safety excellence looks like and communicate safety with passion and credibility in order to inspire, motivate and lead the project team to achieve the company vision.
• Create and foster a continuous improvement culture by actively seeking input from all members of the project and encouraging them to implement better practices.
• Ensure sustainability targets and standards are achieved by actively engaging with the customers to understand and deliver their objectives.
• Ensure that realistically achievable project plans and schedules are robust and optimise project resources and timescales and are communicated effectively to the project team.
• Manage commercial and business risk to achieve financial targets.
• Understand the relevant Contract terms and conditions for each project.
• Proactively manage the customer relationship during enquiry, proposals and delivery, including change and decision making to effectively manage expectations.
• Manage external consultants (eg. design) to enable delivery – driving value, customer focus and achievement of the project’s objectives.
• Be responsible for people management and resourcing of the project; may manage other Project Managers on site or across projects
• Ensure the Company and Divisional procedures and policies are followed by the relevant teams, i.e. the Business Management System, including the Process Operating Model
• Ensure defects and any post completion issues, if applicable, to maintain a positive customer relationship and repeat business performance levels are managed.
• Ensure effective records are maintained and kept for project delivery and regularly report on project progress, risks and issues to senior management.
• Lead, manage and deliver operational excellence and efficiency through the creation and maintenance of systems which ensure rigorous project improvement processes are in place.
• Thorough implementation of planning, risk, project controls and change controls, ensure that Lean Visual daily management meetings are carried out to drive project performance.
• Manage labour and materials efficiently where self-executing works and monitor expenditure in accordance with the agreed Project Schedule and budget.
What we’re looking for in you:
• Previous experience in project management, in particular managing projects within the residential sector is essential.
• Be a self-motivated individual who is capable of working unsupervised and independent of continual oversight, yet able to oversee others in an effective and positive manner.
• The ability to communicate effectively is required in order to manage customer relationships, in addition to strong planning and organisation skills to deliver operational excellence and efficiency.
• Strong leadership skills and confidence in the ability to lead, influence and communicate with others to deliver targets are required.
• Financial awareness is required to deliver targets, with a desire to continuously improve safety and sustainability performance.
• An appropriate and valid CSCS card is required
• A relevant professional qualification, such as APMP, and/or a relevant technical qualification are desirable though not compulsory.
• General knowledge and experience of residential planning and associated legislation.
What you might be doing on a day to day basis:
• Check what client enquiries have been received and arrange that they are responded to in an appropriate manner.
• Check that client enquiries from previous days have been followed up and ensure that any further client questions have been responded to.
• Call and speak directly to any of the more advanced client enquiries and arrange face-to-face meetings to decide on the way forwards.
• Meet with more advanced clients who are in their planning or decision phases to help them through or to sign contracts.
• Ensure that new ‘stage 1’ proposals and quotations which have come in from the factory overnight are processed and communicated to the client.
• Ensure that new advanced client enquiries with basic plans are sent to factory for ‘stage 1’ proposal and quotations to be prepared.
• Ensure that clients are aware of and have included details of all standard and ‘extra’ fixtures and fittings which they require and that the factory is fully aware of every detail.
• Ensure that all electronic CRM and Project Management files are being kept up to date.
• Investigate and visit potential building plots to assess their suitability and ensure that any offers for the plots are submitted.
• Investigate, prepare and apply for, or follow up on, any building applications required or pending.
• Ensure that accounts department have submitted any invoices as appropriate and that no invoices are overdue.
• Liaise with building contractors to check on progress of any projects under way in order to ensure their smooth and timely progress.
• Negotiate prices and prepare contracts with building contractors for any new projects and ensure that they are submitted and filed.
• Make any site visits which may be required to check on project progress or for final inspections on project completion.
• Ensure that prior to hand-over of keys to clients that house has been properly cleaned and looks welcoming for hand-over ceremony.
• Ensure that prior to hand-over of keys to clients that final invoices have been paid by clients.
• Ensure that all marketing material, including website and social media is kept up to date and is readily available with all standard letter templates for admin to use as required.