Full-Time Project Manager (Construction) MOD
This organisation is charged with delivering a range of large capital projects for the MOD
Duties and Responsibilities
1. Responsible and accountable for delivering all of the project elements of Time Cost and Quality.
2. Managing team resources as necessary depending on the resourcing requirement for the project(s) under their control.
3. Providing wider support to the Programme team in the following areas: risk management, project process improvement, design management & contract administration
4. Will have the necessary skills and experience to manage all the relevant building and design related activities.
5. Shall have experience of having delivered large complex construction projects from the design inception stage through into the operational phase. This includes
- Managing multidisciplinary design teams.
- Managing team members.
- Site option appraisal and building option appraisal.
- Project planning using Microsoft Project ( a high degree of literacy in this area is a key requirement)
- Designing and implementing Project Management processes.
- Implementation of the systems and internal controls,
- Experience of delivering projects within an NEC 3 framework.
- Knowledge of Construction Contractual requirements and commercial acumen to prevent claims
- Experience of Government Projects and ideally MOD projects.
- Scoping requirements for contractual documents and correspondence
- Clear, concise report writing
- Must be able to support and develop systems of continuous improvement for all systems and processes implemented by the Large Projects Office.
- Will be expected administer contract procedures, and lead design meetings, site progress meetings.
- Will liaise with the CDMC in all matters associated with the CDM Regulations including design, construction and change control procedures.
- Will be required to have experience of working with Cost Managers in all phases of a project including feasibility and options studies, detailed design cost planning and construction.
A good level of knowledge in relation to JSPs, statutory authorities, Defence Estates, Crown Fire Standards, DREAM Assessment and working with the estates and maintenance functions.
It would be an advantage for the Project Manager to have delivered projects using BIM design tools to at least BIM level
The skills and attributes required are:
- A high degree of literacy and numeracy
- Attention to detail
- Knowledge of JSPs
- Personal presence and gravitas
- A high level of computer literacy in all Microsoft office packages
- Experience of managing a share point Information Management System
- A high degree of literacy and numeracy
- Professionally qualified, e.g. MRICS, MCIOB, MICE, etc
- Experience gained within the Construction Management ideally working within a major project team / PFI environment working with the MoD
- Project Management experience gained from within the management and construction of a major project from the initial concept stage through the various stages to final completion and handover
- A detailed understanding of the building and construction process including the inter – relationship between the design, construction and building service delivery process in accordance the WLCM requirements and the FM service delivery and maintenance environment
- A proven track record and experience in a challenging and fast moving change programme
- Detailed knowledge of the design and construction procurement process including the relationship between the stakeholder requirements, the strategic design brief stage and the construction process
- Experience of stakeholder management within a rapidly changing environment where security is a major consideration
- Good communicator with the ability to provide high quality reports, briefing details and regular updates and presentations.
- Experience of Implementing risk management strategies within a highly regulated corporate risk management structure.
- Commercial awareness of contractual requirements including such legislation as the Construction Act etc.
- Health and Safety training undertaken such as IOSH, NEBOSH or suitable experience commensurate with these standards. Full awareness of Construction ACOP’s and Health and Safety legislation.
- Innovation – has the ability to provide innovative solutions to improve processes, design and service provision
- Initiative – the ability to think and plan ahead, spotting problems and opportunities before they arise, self motivated and taking action before being forced to by circumstances
- Commercially Astute – demonstrates commercial astuteness in understanding the business drivers and their contribution to the design and construction process
- Building , Design and Programme Management – a strong understanding of design and programme management with the ability to manage a number of different activities as part of the role
- Customer Service – the ability to participate and understand the customer needs both internally and externally, to be responsive and keep commitments enabling and providing excellent customer service